1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. These Terms and Conditions may be updated and amended during the program period.
2. The accelerator provider is BlueChilli Technology Pty Ltd (ACN 122 406 731) (“BlueChilli”) (the “Promoter”), tel: 02 8096 8130.
3. SheStarts is supported and sponsored by a number of corporate sponsors (the ”Sponsors”) who will participate to add value at various stages in the program. BlueChilli reserves the right to add or remove other program supporters and sponsors at its absolute discretion.
4. Entry is open to persons who are 18 years or older. Entries can be made by individuals or teams of Eligible Entrants where the main applicant is an Eligible Entrant and identifies as a woman. All team members must be listed in the application – team entrants cannot nominate a person who is not named on the entry to participate in the bootcamp.
5. To enter the competition, Eligible Entrants must complete an entry form by visiting SheStarts.com during the Promotion Period and following the links to apply. You may start, save and submit your entry during the Promotion Period. You are able to update your entry any time prior to the Closing Date.
6. There is no limit on the number of entries a person may submit and entrants are permitted to submit an entry that has previously been submitted to BlueChilli.
7. Any entry that contains content that BlueChilli, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that BlueChilli considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at BlueChilli’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. To receive the AUD$38,000 equity investment as outlined in Section 19, entrants must incorporate their business as a registered limited liability company in Australia. Under the Australian Corporations Act 2001 (201A), a registered company must have a director that ordinarily resides in Australia. Entrants without a permanent resident are eligible to apply to SheStarts, but may be ineligible for equity investment.
9. The Promotion Period commencement date is Monday 25th March 2019 at 0800 AEDT, and will close on Tuesday 23rd April 2359 AEDT. BlueChilli accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be submitted in the manner required and received by BlueChilli during the Promotional Period. Late entries will not be accepted.
10. Entries will be screened by BlueChilli prior to review by a judging panel consisting of representatives from BlueChilli and the Sponsors.
11. The 40 best entries that meets the brief, that complies with these terms and conditions and that score highest in terms of:
- Problem-solution fit
- Market opportunity (including defensibility, scalability, innovation and competitive advantage)
- Feasibility and viability of the technology required
- Social and community impact
will be awarded a Bootcamp Placement and will be known as Finalists.
12. The Finalists will be notified via email by Monday 8 May 2019, and must respond in writing to accept the placement.
13. Finalists will participate in a startup validation bootcamp held on various days (see below) during the period from Wednesday 25th May until Thursday 30th May 2019 run by BlueChilli and mentors and advisors in the program (Bootcamp). Attending activities as outlined below during the bootcamp is mandatory unless otherwise stated.
- In person: 15th & 16th May
- Online: 22nd May
- In person: 29th & 30th May
14. On Wednesday the 29th of May or Thursday the 30th of May 2019, the Finalists will pitch the refined Idea to a judging panel consisting of BlueChilli, partner representatives and independent experts to determine the program Winners. Each Finalist will be assessed by a panel of judges at its absolute discretion, according to the growth potential of the opportunity and the ability of founder/team to successfully execute the solution. Up to 15 Winners will be selected by the Judges.
15. BlueChilli’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winners will be announced at a Selection Showcase on Thursday 30th May in Sydney. All Finalists will be asked to share their pitch before the Winners are announced.
17. BlueChilli will provide a travel stipend of $500 to Finalists who are required to travel to the pitching and showcase from outside the greater Sydney Area.
18. The prize for Finalists (up to 40 available) consists of the following:
- Placement in the SheStarts two-week validation Bootcamp where entrants are guided through the process of validating their idea and preparing for the pitching days. This Bootcamp includes access to expert Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and knowledgeable mentors from the BlueChilli startup community.
- Promotion and exposure via the SheStarts webpage, social media and other channels as facilitated by BlueChilli.
- The opportunity to pitch the post-Bootcamp idea to BlueChilli during the pitching day on Wednesday the 29th of May or Thursday the 30th of May 2019. The pitching day will determine up to 15 Winners, who will be announced on Thursday the 30th of May 2019.
19. In exchange for 15% equity, the prize for the Winners (up to 15 available) consists of the following:
- Twelve weeks of product development time by the BlueChilli product team at no cost to the founder(s).
- $AUD38,000 investment to be spent, at your discretion, on activities required to build your business
- Full placement in BlueChilli’s six-month accelerator program, a structured program designed to give your idea the best chance of commercial business success and to accelerate you into a good position for future investors. The program is delivered weekly by our expert in-house team of EIRs and community mentors in the form of cohort workshops, learning sessions, industry engagements, pitch practices and 1:1 advisory sessions with an EIR.
- Strategic support, insights and advice from the SheStarts program partners and collaborators with the intention to secure pilot opportunities
- Promotion and exposure via the SheStarts social media and other channels as facilitated by BlueChilli and SheStarts program sponsors
- Software credits and services including Microsoft Azure, AWS and Hubspot, as well as accounting, financial and legal services and products provided through our partners at myob, ANZ and HSF
- Co-working space in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane throughout the six month accelerator program
20. To be eligible to win the Prize for the Winners, Entrants must:
- Be eligible to have BlueChilli incorporate their business as a registered limited liability company in Australia;
- Complete legal documentation, including Shareholders Agreement, Service Agreement, Company Constitution (based on a default template), and Fund Option Deed, which will all be provided to Finalists at commencement of the Bootcamp.
- Allocate 15% of the equity on a fully diluted basis in the incorporated company to BlueChilli and its associated entities as nominated by BlueChilli.
- Be at least 51% women-owned and represented by at least one individual that identifies as a woman.
21. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash outside the company. Any change in the value of a prize between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of BlueChilli. BlueChilli accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial and tax advice should be sought.
22. No compensation will be payable if a Winner (or their companions if applicable) are unable to use any element of a prize for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and will not be substituted. The Bootcamp Placement must be taken on the dates nominated by BlueChilli otherwise the entire Bootcamp Placement is forfeited. No extension or variation of the Bootcamp Placement dates will be permitted. All components of the Bootcamp Placement must be taken together. Any element of the Bootcamp Placement or the Accelerator Placement not taken will be forfeited and not substituted.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
23. All entries and any intellectual property rights subsisting in the entries remain at all times the property of the Entrants.
24. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to use the intellectual property used in the submission.
Right to verify
25. BlueChilli reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. BlueChilli’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
26. Entrants must only enter in their own name. BlueChilli reserves the right to request the winner(s) to produce (within a nominated time period) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to BlueChilli’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity, age, residency and/or eligibility to enter and/or claim a prize and any information submitted by the entrant in entering the promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by BlueChilli is not received by BlueChilli (or its nominated agent) or the entrant has not been verified or validated to BlueChilli’s satisfaction within the time requested, that entrant’s entry will become invalid. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of BlueChilli. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any validation and verification of the entrant that BlueChilli requires in its sole discretion. In the event that an entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the relevant prize will be forfeited and no substitute will be offered as the entrant will be disqualified.
Confidentiality & Privacy
27. BlueChilli acknowledges that the entry is confidential. BlueChilli undertakes to ensure that only the judging panel (comprised of employees of BlueChilli and representatives of our SheStarts corporate partners) will have access to the entries. BlueChilli may also refer entry information to entities associated with BlueChilli who may wish to explore commercial opportunities with you.
29. As a condition of entering this promotion, entrants consent to BlueChilli and any sponsors using the entrant’s, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) and general descriptions of the entry in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by BlueChilli. The winner(s) agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by BlueChilli and its agents that occurs during the course of the SheStarts program.
30. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, BlueChilli (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under BlueChilli’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by BlueChilli) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of BlueChilli; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
31. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of BlueChilli including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, BlueChilli reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
32. BlueChilli and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant’s or any other person’s mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
33. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, BlueChilli reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If BlueChilli suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify BlueChilli for those losses, damages and costs.